Announcement from the Victoria State Government
Updates to Victoria’s State Nomination Occupation List and State Nomination Occupation List for Graduates were published on 10 September 2013.
These lists detail the occupations and eligibility criteria for state nomination of skilled migrants. They are updated twice a year and reflect the dynamic labour market in Victoria and the current occupations in demand. Changes include:
1. Occupations that have been removed from the lists:
• Accountant (General)
• Carpenter and Joiner
• External Auditor
• Plumber (General)
Applications in these occupations will continue to be accepted until 24 September 2013
2. Occupations that have been added to the lists:
• Child Care Centre Manager
• Health Information Manager
• Metal Machinist (First Class)
• Nuclear Medicine Technologist
• Physicist (Medical Physicist Only)
• Primary School Teacher (with specialisation in languages).
3. IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
Changes have also been made to the IELTS requirements and specialisations for other occupations.